Jan 7, 2008

Yesterday's Creation

Here are the pictures from my efforts last night. I picked up my copy of Take Ten (Fall 2007) and saw a gorgeous card using the Doodle This stamp set. I altered the card a little bit and created two versions.

This card is made with YoYo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, and Whisper White CS.

I stamped the curliques on white and then outlined and colored using my Bold Brights watercolor crayons. Then I stamped the two flowers on a scrap piece of white and also colored in with watercolor crayons. I cut a piece of Lilac in a half circle and stamped the curlique in versamark.

Mounted the larger flower on a small square of orange and tied the black gingham around the white and lilac before mounting to the yellow. Finishing touch was some Dazzling Diamonds on the flowers.



This variation uses the same color palette but with a few alterations. Instead of using gingham ribbon, I left the ribbon off. I also took away the orange square and instead cut out and colored two large flowers and layered them. I glued these together and attached with a pop dot for a slightly different look.

Which one do you prefer?










All images copyright Stampin' Up 1997-2008

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love your bright colors - especially the purple, my favorite color. I had been thinking of ordering the watercolor crayons and after seeing your cards, I am convinced that I have to have them. Thanks for the directions and inspiration.

Mary said...

Thanks! I love my watercolor crayons! I don't know what I did before them LOL! Enjoy and have fun :)