Jan 3, 2008

Cleaning Out the Stamping Closet

I don't know if its the colder weather that has me in a crafty mood or if it's the start of the new year. However, I'm going to go with the flow while the muse is with me.

I made a commitment to myself that I would work on one project per night (not necessarily finish it!). Tonight, after helping Amadeus with his algebra homework (yuck), and then watching the Celebrity Apprentice (the task was marketing a hot dog stand in NYC- I thought I might be able to use some of it for a Hospitality Marketing class I'm teaching this semester- not). I started cleaning.

This past summer, I participated in one of the most fun Yahoogroups ever- it only lasts for a few months and there are tons of swaps including Hotel Roomies, Secret sisters and lots and lots of projects. The group is open to SU demo's and customers- primarily those of us who can't attend convention.

Anyway, one of the swaps was for OSW (one sheet wonders). Well, I found my stash of papers and decided its time to do something with them. For those of you who aren't familiar with the OSW concept- it's great. You choose a stamp set and just randomly stamp all over a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper (or even 12x12). Then you can either use a template or do your own thing and make up to 10 cards from one page (of course you'll need accessories, extra cs, and adhesive).

Tomorrow, I'll post my first card (or more if I get them done!). The set I am using is a retired set but one of my favorites. It's from SU and called, Natural Beauty (just retired this year). Paper is Confetti white and the ink is Brilliant Blue, Green Galore, Real Red, and Pink Passion.

If you'd like to try creating an OSW card yourself, here's a link to a great template. I found this on Sharon Field's Created by U. So if you get a chance, please stop by her blog and leave a comment to thank her for sharing. This template actually comes from her Mobile blog.

Check back tomorrow to see my creations. If you have any OSW cards posted on your blog and website that you'd like to share, please leave a comment with a link to the cards! Also if you search through the summer entries on my blog, you'll see some great OSW cards that were created when I hosted an OSW swap.

Note: Images Copyright Stampin' Up 1997-2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't used mine either so thanks for "cleaning" out your closet as a reminder. Can't wait for another VS Rocks this summer.

Mary said...

I can't wait for the next VC Rocks either. I was thinking I might want to start working on swaps now LOL-- that way I might actually stay ahead :)