Jan 2, 2008

This Week's Challenge- New Year, New Technique


Images Copyright Stampin' Up 1997-2008
How are you progressing on this week's challenge to create a card or scrapbook page using a technique that is new to you?

I've actually done pretty well so far. I've tried updating my old favorite of Crayon Resist- I apologize for the backwards pic. I don't have a working camera yet so I used the built in webcam on the laptop and then did a little bit of editing in Fireworks.

The card was created using the new Time Well Spent set (hostess level 3). Card base is pixie pink. Images were stamped on glossy white and then I highlighted areas using a crayon. Then I sponged on an assortment of pinks and purples to get the desired background effect. The stems and leaves were colored using Always Artichoke and Old Olive. I then mounted this on Basic Black. "Thank You" is from the Wonderful Words set.

Let me know what you think about the card.

Happy Stampin!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I think the card is AWESOME! And I SOOOOO love this technique. But I gotta say...I think you scanned it and or flipped it in backwards. Cause the THANK YOU is backwards! Thanks for sharing though!

Mary said...

Hi Becky,

Thanks- I love the crayon resist technique and thought these flowers were perfect for it. Thanks for mentioning the words- I think I took a backwards picture :(