Dec 11, 2007

Cookie Time

Okay, so it's nearly 70 degree's outside and the middle of December. Now, I don't mind the fact that I'm not stuck in an ice storm like my friends back home in the Midwest but the thought of baking just isn't doing it for me right now LOL-- anyway, I've got to come up with cookies for a cookie swap at work on Thursday and thought these tempting little morsels would be just fine. No need to worry about how they look, no need to heat up the house with the oven and they are chocolate!!

Here's the recipe in case you want to try some, too.

  • 4 Tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

In a sauce pan placed over medium heat, combine the butter, milk and sugar. Stir well until the butter is melted and bring to a light boil.

Add the chocolate chips and rolled oats. Mix until the chocolate chips melt, combine with the sugar and coat the oats. Add the vanilla and stir.

Using a tablespoon, scoop up some of the batter and drop onto wax or parchment paper. Allow to cool. You can refrigerate to speed up the solidification.

Makes 2 1/2 to 3 dozen cookies

I found this copy of the recipe at The Accidental Hedonist site, although I have a copy of it in several cookbooks, too.

No comments: