May 22, 2007

Loads of color


Copyright Stampin' Up 1990-2007

My next challenge was to see how many ideas I could create using the same stamp set. I've "rediscovered" SU's Looks Like Spring set and matching punch- even though I'm not a flower person, I am finding I really enjoy the versatility of this set (and apparently I also like cutting out the large flowers -sigh). This card was created for a Lots of Color swap- each card had to use at least 3 SU colors not counting the neutrals.

For my card, I started out thinking I wanted to have a shaving cream background so I got out my glossy paper, pie pans, and re-inkers and created the backgrounds. I used Pixie Pink, Rose Red, Lovely Lilac, and Yo Yo Yellow re-inkers- however, when it came time to create a card, the background just wasn't doing it for me. However, I hate to see any paper go to waste so I tried something new and used my scallop scissors to create a border.

Then, I stamped two large flowers (one in pink and one in lilac) and cut them out. I also used the 3 flower punch, to create the centers. I dabbed a little Dazzling Diamonds in each center for sparkle. Finally, to finish the card off, I grabbed my embossing powder and heat gun to add a little "sparkle".

I hope you like it.

No comments: