May 19, 2007

Easy Gift to Create

Well, I had a "me" weekend- first time in a long time- no tennis for Amadeus this weekend and he's spending the night at a friend's so I had a chance to just play. I finished about 5 swaps of the 12 I signed up for (I know - what was I thinking?) and I'm ready to sign up for a few more (if you really want to try swapping- don't forget to join the VC_Rocks yahoogroup- it's only active for a couple of months but how much fun!!!). Anyway, one of the swaps I signed up for was a 5+1 gift swap. Some of you may have seen this project already- we did it at Stamp Camp in February and I did another variation at my Relay for Life Stamp Camp- however, if you haven't seen this yet, you might want to try it out for a fun gift.

Here's what I started out using:

Items Needed:
Book Box (I got mine from Oriental Trading)
DS Designer paper (from Stampin' Up)
Modge Podge
Corner rounder
Paper scraps
3x3 note cards (make your own or buy them) this can be any goody you choose, though.
Ribbon Scraps


Step 1

Cut the paper- you'll need:

  • 6" x 10" piece to wrap around the box
  • 1" x 12" piece (round the corners) to cover the inside edge (if this was a book- the pages part)
  • 4 1/4" x 3" piece - inside top cover
  • 4 1/2 " x 3 1/4" - inside bottom cover
  • (4) 3"x 3" note cards (I used coordinating cardstock)
  • (3) 6" x varying widths paper scraps
  • (3) small pieces of ribbon
Step 2

Apply the ModgePodge to the cover of the book and the designer paper. Carefully adhere the paper, making sure to get rid of any air bubbles.

Step 3

Apply the 1" strip around the inside edge of the box

Step 4

Attach the designer paper to the "wells" in the top and bottom on the inside

Step 5

Create mini notecards using paper scraps and stamping a sentiment on each. Optional: fill the box with other treasures