May 22, 2007

Back To Basics

I haven't done any stamping for me in a while and so what better way to do that than to sign up for way to many swaps!! Speaking of swaps, I'll be posting the swap cards that I received for the May swap - the theme was anything from the spring mini! Can't wait to hear what you think.

Now for this card- the challenge was to use only the sets in the Stampin' Up starter kit for a new demo (not ones that an indvidual can choose but
the "default" set). The other part of the challenge was we could only use the colors included in the starter kit- in this case, basic black/whisper white, real red, brilliant blue, pixie pink, yoyo yellow.

I chose to use the Loads of Love stamp set (no accessory set allowed!). I also tweaked the card a little by using my crimper and tag punch. I added a little color by using the direct to paper technique around the edges and then used silver eyelets for the insides of the wheels.

So, what do you think?



Copyright Stampin' Up 1990-2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card and the paper crimper. I signed up last night for VC and have already signed up for four swaps. It's addicting and I can't wait to get started on the cards. How much fun!

Mary said...

So glad you signed for for VC- yes the swaps are addictive LOL- I think I'm up to 12!!!