Jun 17, 2007

Pearl Ex and Floor Wax

Here's the first of another swap I participated in with VC_Rocks. The theme was to create a card using Pearl Ex powders and Future Floor Wax. Pearl Ex powders are finely ground bits of mica that can be used to give a sparkly finish to products. There are many different ways to use Pearl Ex. For this particular project, I used 4 different colors. Turquoise, Purple, Super Russet, and Interference Red. The Interference Red (or any of the interference colors) appear white in the jar but when brushed on a dark cs they change color.

The first thing I did was to create a palette on a paper plate. I placed a very small (pinch) of powder in 4 different spots.

Then I filled a very small container with some Future Floor wax (you can also fill an aqua painter with floor wax). I chose to use a fine tip paint brush.

I added small amounts of the floor wax (transferring with the brush) to create a puddle of color on my palette.

Then I painted this mixture in to my stamped images. I found that using open images worked better - for my first try it was easier than trying to fill in fine spaces.

I let the images dry for about 20 minutes and then "sanded" them with a swiffer dry cloth- this removed some of the extra powder.

The final stamped image looked like this.


Images Copyright Stampin' Up 1999 -2007


All products are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted. I used the new Pick a Petal set, stamped on WW, then mounted on black, I then used my white signa gel pen to created the dotted lines around each petal. For the final card, I layered on top of brilliant blue, punched a hole at the bottom of the card with the word window punch and finished it off with some gold cord .

No comments: