Jun 17, 2007

Baroque Motifs (including a card recipe)

Oh, I think I have found my new favorite set and I haven't even had a chance to play with the stamps in the idea book. This is definitely not my "normal" stamping style set, but when I saw it in the preview brochure, I was excited by the possibilities. This card was made for the Designer Paper swap I'm in with VC_Rocks.

Everything used is by SU. I used some of the new 2 sides Baroque designer paper- the colors are so rich and would be great for masculine cards. I started with chocolate chip as a base, then I stamped the small medallion in Versamark and then used Gold Embossing powder to give it that raised effect. The central image was made by layering Very Vanilla on Chocolate Chip and back on Very Vanilla. I used the ticket punch to make the corners in the chocolate chip. The main image was stamped in Old Olive and I also used direct to paper to add the color to the image base. I left room in the corner to stamp a small message. I was thinking of the word "Cherish" from the set using the Gold Embossing Powder.



Copyright Stampin' Up 1999-2007

No comments: