Nov 25, 2007

Santa Popcorn holder



I found this idea on the My Creative Corner blog and tweaked it a little for my needs. I am participating in a 12 Days of Christmas swap and needed a quick, small, flat gift to use and then Ama needed some quick little coaches gifts and since most of the coaches running the tennis clinic are college players, I thought they could enjoy some microwave popcorn.

The original instructions can be found here. I was running short of black cs (oops!) and so instead of making a complete belly band, I actually glued the flaps shut and then just made a Faux belly band (covering just the front of the holder). I also decreased Santa's buttons to 2. I don't think anyone will notice :)

I had a little bit of a challenge making the gold belt buckle, luckily, I was able to find my 2 different CM square punches. My first try, I punched using the 2 larger squares, but found the buckle hung over the belt. My second try, I followed the instructions and used the 3/4" punch and then the 1 1/4" punch. The hardest part was lining things up. Overall, I think they turned out well and I was able to use up some of my scrap paper, too!

I added a quick little tag using Flaky Friends (from SU)- colored the snowmen's scarves in blue to match the MTSU colors and now I have some quick coaches gifts!

I'm still working on some ideas for Richard and David (the main coaches) any suggestions on how to creatively dress up a case of Coca-cola?

1 comment:

Wanda said...

You did a FABULOUS job on these Mary! Thanks for the link too!