Oct 2, 2007

Festival By The Lake

First, you need to realize that I am absolutely petrified of water sports and water related things. Second, I spent all of last week, home sick with not one but two very different types of viral infections. Despite all of that, I dragged myself out of bed, and of course got Ama involved, too and we helped with the Annual Festival by the Lake Fundraiser.

Ama and I got a chance to put my years of food ops management to practice when our 2 hour shift in the food booth turned into 4. It was a blast and a great way to meet lots of people while serving up freshly grilled burgers and hot dogs. After that shift, it was time to get into costume and get ready for the 1st annual wacky raft race. We all donned wet suits and literally hit the water.

We raced in heats of 3 rafts- we almost won our heat until our fellow Rotary buddies tried to kill us with their tow line LOL-- of course, what would you expect from the floating toilets!


Just wait until NEXT YEAR!!

If you want to see more pictures- try to find Ama and I- you can view them in the photo gallery at the iSurfHendersonvilleTN site!

Let me know what you think.

No comments: