Mar 12, 2007

Relay for Life

I don't know if any of you have been touched by cancer, I know that my family has been effected in many ways. I lost my mom to leukemia nearly 20 years ago, my dad has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and both of my grandmothers along with several aunts were cancer survivors. Plus, my best friend's daughter was diagnosed and treated with a very rare form of kidney cancer just 2 years ago (luckily, Katie did well and is now a student at college!).

Because of this connection, the Relay for Life has always been very important to me and this year I have been asked to co-captain a team for the Hendersonville Relay for Life event. My personal goal is to raise at least $1000 for this and our team goal is to raise $14,000. I wanted to find a way to combine this goal with my love of stamping and have come up with a few ideas.

First, any orders placed between now and April 30- I will donate 20% to Relay. In addition, if anyone wants to "round up" I will also donate that to the Relay.

Second, if you don't need anything and would just like to make a donation, I've included a link to my Relay Website- you can donate online. This will help me reach my goal and will also help the community.

Third, keep checking my SU website (http://mnunaley.stampinup.net). I will be hosting a special workshop in April. All proceeds will go towards Relay.

Thanks for your support and if I can ever be of service, let me know.

3 comments:

Kim Orr said...

Mary..
Let me know what kid of workshop you come up with.. You always have a good one! KIM

Mary said...

I'm working on the details, but I am thinking of having a "Crabby" class using the new Crab and Company set in the spring mini. The class fee would be $30 and include the stamp set and 6 cards. Do you think this would work? I'll have lots of door prizes and an auction, too :)

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for this class--would love to help with RFL!